Tuesday, May 21, 2013



THE COP SHOP

Explanation

I want to explain the reasons this blog crime report is not as detailed as my old reports were in the newspaper. The police department now has a web site open only to reporters which it has graciously allowed me to access. On this site are the reports. But they are only synopses of the actual narratives that I used to see. Depending on the reporting officer, they may be several sentences long, or one sentence long, or the narrative space may contain nothing at all. I love reporting crime news and I wish that I could do a better job but this is what I have to work with. Because I write the reports early so they can be viewed before you start your day I have no access to a public information officer for more details. But I still am trying to get the news to you, so don't give up on me!
Donna

Burglars apparently disappointed

Burglars went to a lot of trouble to get inside two businesses, according to Monday's crime reports, but they left with no booty.
Officers responding to a burglar alarm at Sally Beauty in the 1400 block of South Loop 288 about 6 p.m. Monday found that someone had pried the back door open. Once inside, the intruders sawed open a safe. Nothing was taken.
And employees of 84 Lumber reported about 5:45 a.m. Monday that sometime Saturday afternoon or later someone pried open the front door of that business in the 3100 block of Jim Crystal Road.
Once inside the intruders cut the phone line, which shut down the alarm system. Then they ransacked the office but apparently found nothing of value. The employees reported that nothing appeared to be missing except perhaps some pens.

Other reports

2200 West Prairie Street - A 22-year-old woman reported about 2 p.m. Monday that her girlfriend assaulted her during an argument. Officers found the 22-year-old suspect sitting on the apartment steps and charged her with family violence assault.

3600 block of Country Club Road - A man reported that his former girlfriend had obtained a restraining order against him. But she was following him around and harassing him, he told police.

No comments:

Post a Comment