Saturday, June 1, 2013

                           THE COP SHOP

Child beaten, mother says she doesn't want kids

A witness called police Friday night after a 12-year-old boy walked up to her asking for help. The boy told the woman that his uncle had beaten him and he was afraid to go home. A responding officer found bad bruises on the boy's leg, back and upper chest. He drove the boy to his apartment in the 2000 block of Stockbridge Road. The boy's mother was not at home and neither the boy nor his two sisters had any idea where she might be. The officer found the uncle, who admitted, "putting a good whooping on him" with a belt. The officer arrested the uncle. The mother finally arrived home. She said she had just regained custody of the children. She said she had no idea how to raise them and didn't want to. The officer called Child Protective Services to begin an investigation into the family.

Other reports

600 block of Cordell Street - Police are still investigating a shooting that took place Thursday night and have so far made no arrest. The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the head and remains in serious condition at a Fort Worth hospital after being flown there by CareFlite helicopter.
The victim's daughter told police that a man knocked on the door and when she answered he said he was having car trouble and needed help. She alerted her father, who walked out on the porch. The man produced a pistol and fired a shot and then he fled on foot.

1900 block of Bernard Street - An officer on routine patrol about 7:30 p.m. Friday noticed three men standing under a carport. There had been problems with people loitering under that carport before, and the owner had asked police to issue criminal trespass citations to anyone they found there. The officer checked out the three men and issued citations. He ran a routine computer check and learned that one of the men had an outstanding warrant. He attempted to arrest the man on the warrant and the man fought with him. The officer had to use his Taser to subdue the suspect, who was then taken to jail on charges of resisting arrest and the outstanding warrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment