Wednesday, August 7, 2013

                           THE COP SHOP

Woman stabs boyfriend with butcher knife

An officer who arrived about 11:20 p.m. Tuesday to an apartment in the 1800 block of North Ruddell Street found a woman sitting on a couch with a bloody butcher knife on the coffee table in front of her. Her boyfriend was standing nearby applying pressure to a knife wound in his arm and there was a large amount of blood on the floor and still coming from his wound.
The 30-year-old man said he came home from a friend's house and she was angry that he had been gone and threw his dinner at him. Then she told him to move in with the friend and he said no, he reported. She grabbed the butcher knife and stabbed him.
The 30-year-old woman said she stabbed him in self-defense after he grabbed her by the neck and threw her against the wall. However, she had no visible signs of being attacked, and the officer charged her with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Other reports

900 block of Sunset Street - The owner of a business reported about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday that a man came in and asked for an insurance quote. Then he asked to use the restroom. He came out of the restroom and told the victim that the commode was broken. The victim went into the restroom to check on the commode and when he walked back out the suspect was gone. He checked his desk drawer and found that two bank bags full of cash were missing. He had no good description of the suspect.

3000 block of I35 - An officer responded to a call for help at a hospital emergency room about 4 a.m. Tuesday to find a disturbance. Hospital staff told the officer that the man was being treated and was yelling and cursing loudly and would not quiet down when asked to. And as a nurse prepared to take him for a CT scan he grabbed her behind, according to the report. The officer took the man to jail on charges of assault by contact and using bad language in a public place.

100 block of North Elm Street - Police arrested a 26 year old man about 2:15 a.m. Tuesday after he broke a large window on a jewelry business downtown. The man then went to the downtown fire station and took a fire helmet and a cap, according to the police report.

No comments:

Post a Comment