Friday, September 30, 2011

I've known for years that I was geographically challenged, but I sure get tired of it. I always think I know how to get from point A to point B, and often I've taken the trip hundreds of times. But way too often I find myself somewhere between points X and Y with no idea how I got there and less idea of how to get back. There are no maps in my head. None. My car gets me to work every morning all by itself, and I can get many places from the office. But it's tiring to drive to the office to head on a trip to Gainesville, for instance.
Today i returned from a visit in Mount Pleasant via I30 to US380. But there's construction, and the highway gods decided it would be funny for me to miss that very important turn. Next thing I knew I was in Rockwall.
Now I have nothing against Rockwall. I'm sure it's a very nice place to live.
Friggin' Rockwall! I never wanted to be in Roakwall and I was certain it was not on the way from Mount Pleasant to Denton.
So I headed in a northerly direction and after a few hundred miles I found myself in Farmersville - on US 380 headed west - and back to Denton.
I may have had a lucid moment today, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment