Sunday, January 22, 2012

It has been a while since I posted to this blog. It could be that I have had no moments of lucidity since the last time. Or that I'm busy or lazy or uninspired.
It is all of the above, I'm afraid.
I could have blogged endlessly about my trip up the Rhine River in early December. Great trip with lots of wonderful stories.
I could have blogged about Christmas with all the family stories that are true insights in the human experience.
This last week I backed off from my real life and concentrated on a book that needed editing. The truth is, I needed the backing away more than I needed the editing.
Sometimes, in order to have those moments of lucidity, it is necessary to have moments of silence, moments of calm, moments of self-reflection. That is what I needed, and to some extent, that is what I did.
No great truths came from the week away. No epithemys. No "ah-ha" moments.
But at this moment I am serene, and ready to go back. To pick up my pad and pen and start recording the tragedy and pain the real world dishes out to everyone at one time or another. It is my job to absorb all that, translate it into something someone else can use, and get it in a clear, organized style that anyone can understand.
Sometimes all that uses me up.
But again, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment